Succulent + Cactus Care
Every one of our plants comes with care instructions for specific amount of water and frequency.
Our succulents and cacti are set up with specific pots, hand mixed soil and super hardy plants to be watered once a month:
- Extra Large Planter (e.g. Lulo Cactus): 2 TBS water
- Large Planter (e.g. Lorenzo Cacuts): 1-2 TBS water
- Medium Planter: (e.g. Gilbert) 1 TBS of water
- Small Planter (e.g. Olive Cactus): 1-2 tsp water
- Mini Planter (e.g. Lino): A few drops to 1/4 tsp water from wet hand or dropper
You can water more if very hot or in a very sunny spot and reduce by half or skip months if it is cold or winter time when plants become dormant (October - January).
ALWAYS water onto the sand or soil-NEVER water directly on the plant!
The soil should dry out completely before watering again. We hand mix cactus and succulent soil based on the needs of the plant. Our planters and soil replicate the natural environment of the plants so they can last forever. Everything we make can handle a lot more or a lot less water if you need to be away or forget. Never over water because you underwatered, just resume the same amount and schedule. Our succulents do best in a sunny spot with indirect light but thrive in medium to low light as well.
Fun Fact: Did you know that all cacti are succulents but not all succulents are cacti?