What are plant supports and why do I need one?
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I cannot with moss poles.
Plant support stakes and plant trellises can help your plants to live their best lives BUT when I tried to find some that would help our plants we could not find any that matched our style and needs. Here’s why:
HOW DO PLANT STAKES HELP THE HEALTH OF MY PLANT?
- Help plants grow by creating a framework for trailing plants. When plants can continue to grow upward and/or vine, it allows them to get more sunlight from having more leaves with open surface area.
- Make it easier for plants to grow taller and straighter by supporting leaning or heavy plants
- Train plants to grow upwards instead of outwards by pinning plants into place
There’s all different types of materials used as plant supports. We’ve seen everything from bamboo, moss polls, skewers, metal, and trellises, to branches, polls, and PVC pipes. We’ve found most of these materials to be either so big and bulky it's hard to see the plant or too small so they don’t properly support the plant when it grows larger. And we are not fans of using plastic, when possible.
WHY WE REDESIGNED PLANT SUPPORT STAKES
It is time for plant supports and trellises that are as beautiful as your plants and planters.
If you have a stunning plant, chances are you may not want to stare at a large moss pole, PVC pipe, or bamboo and twine when assisting your plants to grow larger, straighter, or vine.
We made all of our planters to enhance the look of the plant, not take away from the focus of it and we wanted plant support stakes that did the same.
When designing these plant stakes I really wanted:
- Functionality first, always - our plant stakes are made from natural clay so plants can grip or attach to them more easily
- To have the strength and height to support plants and pin leaning plants to train them to grow vertical
- To have a minimal but really fun way to enhance the look of your plants and planters.
- To match and compliment your planters whether from us or elsewhere
- As always, to show off the plants
- Eco-Friendly, sustainable, and plastic free
Just be careful when bringing these home. They are some of our most fun designs that can update any plant collection at the same time as promoting your plants’ health.
It is a VERY slippery slope from just planters to making each plant look like the most fun art installation and putting one in every single planter you own until your whole house looks like the happiest little plant oasis ever borderlining on a little too much but but who cares what people think if they make you happy? I speak from experience!
P.s. I’ll show you a photo of them all in our living room soon lolz