Spring: The Most Important Season for Plant Care
Plant care changes with changes in the season. Just like the weather, sunlight, and temperature in a plant's natural environment fluctuate throughout the year, so should your indoor plant care to mirror those changes!
CHANGING PLANT CARE IN SPRING
Spring is not only our favorite because it means warmer weather on the horizon, we also love it because it’s the most important season for plants to set them up to be healthy for the rest of the year. Basically, plants are coming out of winter dormancy and we are preparing them for the hotter summer months to come through incremental changes in plant care.
Ensuring your plants get the right care now means that they will make it through the summer well and they’ll be ready to take on next Winter!
SPRING PLANT CARE STEPS + TIPS
- Reacquaint yourself with your plant after the long winter- figure out what exactly your plant is trying to tell you.
- We suggest a yearly soil refresh to make sure your plants are in soil that will support them best. This is the only time of year that we suggest repotting. You can find our soil and sand for your yearly refresh by clicking *here*
- As the days grow longer and the sunlight grows stronger, plants might need to be moved to make sure they stay in bright indirect sunlight.
- Be sure your plants aren’t in an AC draft.
- Just like humans, when plants are in the sun more often, they are thirstier! Spring is the time to slowly introduce more water to your plants to ensure they are hydrated.
- Ask for help! If you aren’t sure exactly how to treat your plant - shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out!
CACTI AND SUCCULENTS SPRING CARE
- We’re always asked about how to get cacti and succulents to bloom in the Spring. Find out how on our blog “4 Easy Steps to Get Your Cacti and Succulents to Flower”
HOUSEPLANT SPRING CARE
- Make sure to prune your houseplants at the start of Spring so they can focus on growing their healthiest leaves!
- Do a little plant spring cleaning by dusting off leaves with a damp towel.
We always do a little happy dance when we see new growth in our houseplants, cacti and succulents. Let us know how your plants are doing in Spring!